My name is Tom Ostrye.

I am a Digital Designer focusing on trying to emulate the physical world in a digital realm.

Education

I am not just another web designer. My skills have been acquired through years of study.

BA Speech and Communication Studies

Edinboro University of Pensylvania

AA Web and Interactive Design

Anne Arundel Community College

Graduate Certificate User Experence Design

University of Baltimore

Guy scratching his head choosing between happy, sad and meh

User Experience Design

You have a website, but it is not for you. It is for customers and clients, it is also for potential customers and clients. In order to keep current customers and to hold on to the new customers, your website needs to provide a pleasurable experience so that thy want to return.

Typography

Typography is about more than letters and fonts. It is about how to use them.  Font size, weight, letter spacing and line height can all send a message about yu, and you need that to be the right message.

Typography

Typography is about more than letters and fonts. It is about how to use them.  Font size, weight, letter spacing and line height can all send a message about yu, and you need that to be the right message.

Guy scratching his head choosing between happy, sad and meh

CMS

WordPress is quite popular. It powers more than 30% of the web. But that leaves nearly 70% in the “other” category. I can use them all.

Semantic HTML and CSS

Every CMS claims that you do not need any knowledge of coding, and you certainly build a website that way. But in order to build the website that you really want, you need coding knowledge. I have that knowledge and I can use to to achieve the best results.

Semantic HTML and CSS

Every CMS claims that you do not need any knowledge of coding, and you certainly build a website that way. But in order to build the website that you really want, you need coding knowledge. I have that knowledge and I can use to to achieve the best results.

Adobe logo

Adobe CS

Adobe products are the industry standard for creating documents, graphics, audio and video production. I use these tools liberally for my projects so that they stand out.

Graphic Design

I not only design the web, but I can design graphics. An extra trick up my sleeve is definitely useful.

Graphics text
Graphics text

Graphic Design

I not only design the web, but I can design graphics. An extra trick up my sleeve is definitely useful.